Company: McCoy's Building Supply
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Job DescriptionTime Type :Full timeRole Details :If you're a
detail-oriented and diligent accounting professional who enjoys
problem solving and working in a close-knit team environment, look
no further! We are seeking a Tax Accountant to join our team in in
a fast-paced and fun work environment. As a Tax Accountant, your
role is to leverage existing experience with sales tax and/or fixed
assets to assist accounting management and mentor accounting staff.
Day to day responsibilities of this position include fixed asset
accounting, sales and income tax compliance, preparation and review
of journal entries, and fielding questions on fixed assets and
sales tax throughout the company along with the rest of the team.
We're looking for a hard-working individual with leadership and
mentoring experience, and a great balance between being
self-directed and working as part of a team. A strong work ethic,
customer service-oriented attitude, and advanced excel skills are a
plus. Starting pay $60K per year or higher based on
experience.SUMMARYThe Tax Accountant will serve to bridge the gap
between our Accounting Assistants and our Accounting Managerial
team by providing support to managers and mentoring accounting
staff.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Researches and answers questions on fixed assets and sales tax
accounts for Store Managers, Regional Managers, Loss Prevention,
Corporate Managers, and Executive Team.
- Preparation and filing of sales and income tax returns, annual
reports and business licenses.
- Creates journal entries, accrual entries, and accounting
schedules to complete reconciliations for sales tax and fixed
- Compiles and researches internal audit reports as requested,
assembles documentation for internal and external audits.
- Assists Accounting Management with projects as requested.
- Performs first layer of review of journal entries from other
Accounting personnel; discusses/corrects items with the staff
members if necessary.
- Tax compliance, training, and audit support.
- Reconciles corporate balance sheet accounts monthly,
specifically related to sales tax and leased assets.
- Assists with the recording, maintenance, and reconciliation of
fixed asset accounts.
- Assists with maintaining, setup, testing, and accounting for
operating and finance leases.
- Prepares and analyzes reporting for government entities
- Codes and reviews expenses as needed
- Ensures that company proprietary information remains
confidential at all times and is not disclosed to unauthorized
personnel unless directed by senior management
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures while carrying out the
responsibilities of position
- Attends all team meetings and company training sessions as
requiredSUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis job has no supervisory
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university,
or two to three years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to independently work on projects
- Familiar with FASB pronouncements and ability to research
updated accounting regulations and opinions
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and
technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
internal and external customers, regulatory agencies, or members of
the business community via email, telephone, and in-person
- Ability to follow instructions, analyze results, and make
recommendations based on project outcomes
- Ability to effectively present information to top management,
public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to utilize strong multi-tasking, organizational,
prioritization, and follow-up skills necessary for managing
multiple accounting issues at one time in a professional manner and
under minimal supervision
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Word, IBM Content Manager,
Workday, and other 3rd party software applications at an
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel knowledge including v-lookups,
pivot tables, formulas, and data consolidationPREFERRED
- Two or more years of general ledger experience; post graduate
- Experience in retail accounting environment
- Experience with Microsoft OneNoteWORK AVAILABILITY
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level
as is determined by management
- Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8
hours per day, 40 hours per week or such other hours per day or
hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or
desirable to meet business needs
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and
holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to
meet its business needsPHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and use hands to handle or feel. The
employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and
talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and
walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close visionWORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions .
- The noise level in the work environment is moderateMcCoy's is
an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to programs, services
and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants
requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or
interview process should contact a representative of the Human
Resources Department at (866) 896-0884.
Keywords: McCoy's Building Supply, San Marcos , Tax Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!