Fleet Maintenance Director
Company: Texas Disposal Systems
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: July 20, 2020
The Maintenance Director is responsible for directing the company's
maintenance department managers, supervisors, and workers to ensure
that the department plans for, prioritizes, completes, and
documents all preventive and corrective maintenance on company
equipment, including rolling stock, industrial equipment,
compactors, and containers. This position supports the other
members of the management team and drives the company's best
practices with regards to equipment maintenance, capital
expenditures and departmental strategy and budgeting.
* Build and manage a skilled and capable team of managers,
supervisors, and staff in the maintenance department, which
includes recruiting, training, mentoring, reviewing performance,
and administering disciplinary action.
* Ensure full compliance with safety and environmental regulations,
as well as with company policies and procedures.
* Promote proper and intelligent diagnostic practices to minimize
the cost of repairs and equipment down-time.
* Instill quality practices in inventory controls, preventive
maintenance, facilities and equipment appearance maintenance, as
well as in maintenance repairs.
* Facilitate constant improvements in customer service through
collaboration with the management team.
* Run cost-effective department by any number of means, including
boosting productivity and eliminating excessive expenditures.
* Improve the company's ROI by researching and recommending capital
expenditures; identifying strengths and weaknesses in personnel,
equipment, materials, and property; and analyzing major repairs or
replacements to mitigate or prevent future occurrences.
* Approve requisitions and maintain the department's budget
* Maintain the integrity of company assets, personnel, and
maintenance information data in the company-defined appropriate
* Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
* High school diploma or its equivalent
* Experience in maintenance management dealing with fleets of more
than 1,000 units, including trucks, trailers, industrial equipment,
composting equipment, material handlers, conveyors, compactors,
excavation equipment, forklifts, welding equipment, pickup trucks,
trash trucks and support equipment
* At least 10 years of hands-on experience, or a technical school
diploma and six years of experience
* Strong leadership skills with a servant-leader mentality
* Experience with inventory management, DOT regulations and OSHA
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
* Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite - e.g., Word, Excel,
* Ability to work well within a privately held company
* Working knowledge of general business practices
* Ability to establish priorities and manage workload
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree in maintenance or a business-related field
* Experience managing workers in multiple facilities and remote
* Maintenance management/supervisory certificates and training
* Knowledge of Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
* Safety, OSHA and Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA)
* Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) training
REQUIRED LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
* Valid Texas Class C Driver's License
* Record of safe driving for the last three years as shown on
current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic
Keywords: Texas Disposal Systems, San Marcos , Fleet Maintenance Director, Executive , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!