General Manager San Marcos
Company: Firehouse Subs
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 19, 2023
REPORTS TO: Owner/Franchisee
The General Manager is responsible for leading and directing the
operations of a Firehouse Subs restaurant. Primary responsibilities
include hiring and mentoring great in-store team members,
Development of a comprehensive catering plan and adherence to the
values that have made Firehouse Subs one of the fastest growing
restaurant concepts in America.
- Demonstrate and ensure operational excellence through the
training, coaching, disciplining, and encouragement of Shift
leaders and Associates.
- Ensures that restaurants are compliant with all government
inspections and expectations and that Firehouse Subs standards are
- Monitors sales/labor and implements any operational
opportunities identified. Required Qualifications:
Experience: (Minimum experience the job requires.)
- Minimum 2 years' experience leading others at various
- Previous experience in the restaurant industry.
- Management experience in a quick-service or full-service chain
- Knowledge: (Level of knowledge required to perform the job
- Proficiency in restaurant operating, back of house, and point
of sale systems.
- Strong general knowledge of the organization and its
- Strong general knowledge of working practices, procedures, and
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of budgetary concepts
- Intermediate to advanced ability to delegate projects and get
work done through others.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of performance review
- Demonstrated advanced ability to communicate, influence, and
negotiate decisions while motivating assigned staff.
- Demonstrated ability to implement strategic direction.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Proficient understanding of the various job functions within
the restaurant to effectively train staff and delegate certain
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
Education: (Minimum formal education the job requires.) High school
diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
Physical: (Minimum physical requirement to perform the job
Must be able to manually lift and move up to 50 lbs. on
Must have the ability to stand and sit for extended periods of
Ability to reach, bend, stoop, lift, shake, stir, pour, carry, and
Ability to read (orders on tickets, menu board, receipts,
Contact/immersion of hands in water, cleaning and sanitation
solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood, and produce
items, on occasion.
Frequent washing of hands.
Ability to use computers, telephones, and office equipment.
Experience: Previous experience in a restaurant leadership
- Food Safety Certification (may vary based on city, county, and
- Food Handler's Certification
Compensation: $1.00 - $60,000.00 per year
Firehouse Subs - is a restaurant chain with a passion for hearty
and flavorful food, heartfelt service and public safety. Founded in
Jacksonville, Florida in 1994 by brothers and former firefighters
Chris Sorensen and Robin Sorensen, Firehouse Subs is a brand built
on decades of fire and police service, hot and hearty subs piled
high with the highest quality meats and cheeses, and its commitment
to saving lives through the establishment of the non-profit
Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation -.
The founders are the real deal, the food is their creation and the
brand is a family of franchise operators who share their same
passion for generously serving food and community. For the third
consecutive year, based on recent Technomic Insight consumer data,
Firehouse Subs was named the No.1 brand in the restaurant industry
that "Supports Local Community Activities." This year, Firehouse of
America and Firehouse Subs suppliers will together donate a portion
of purchases at Firehouse Subs locations to the Firehouse Subs
Public Safety Foundation for the purchase of lifesaving equipment,
with a minimum donation of $1 million.
Our mission is to carry on our commitment to and passion for:
- Hearty and Flavorful Food
- Heartfelt Service, and
- Public Safety
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee.
Your application will go directly to the franchise restaurant, and
all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this
franchise restaurant. All inquiries about employment at this
franchise restaurant should be made directly to the restaurant, and
not to Firehouse Subs Corporate.
Keywords: Firehouse Subs, San Marcos , General Manager San Marcos, Executive , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!