Radiology / CT Technologist - Rad Tech - CT Tech
Company: Premier ER & Urgent Care
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Job Summary: Perform radiological duties in compliance with
standards defined by the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists (ARRT). The Radiologic/CT Technologist acts in a
professional manner, responds to patient needs, and supports
colleagues and associates in providing quality patient care. The
Radiologic/CT Technologist uses equipment and accessories, employs
techniques and procedures, performs services in accordance with an
accepted standard of practice, and demonstrates expertise in
minimizing radiation exposure to the patient, self, and other
members of the healthcare team. Reporting Structure: Reports to the
Radiology Lead II, who holds the employee responsible for the
achievement of desired goals and objectives. Education
Qualifications and Credentials: Graduate from an accredited
Radiologic Technology program is required. Work requires successful
completion of an approved Radiologic Technology program with
current licenses by the Texas Medical Board (MRT license) and
American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) registry. Two
years' experience in Computed Tomography, X-ray, PACS operation and
teleradiography is preferred. Essential Job Functions: The employee
must be able to perform each essential function effectively to be
successful in this position.
- Screens patient before exam for any precautions or
contradictions pertaining to examination.
- Explains and prepares patients for radiological procedures that
will be performed, producing diagnostic images in such a manner to
ensure patient care and safety.
- Protects patients, self and staff from radiation exposure by
using ALARA and practicing sound procedures which meet or exceed
recommended industry standards.
- Obtains quality diagnostic images as requested by provider.
Maintains a low repeat rate.
- Adjusts equipment for proper radiographic exposure techniques
in accordance with radiation safety guidelines.
- Ensures that all equipment is in good working condition and in
compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Immediately reports any equipment malfunctions to the Radiology
Lead II and/or Imaging Manager.
- Provides timely and adequate documentation.
- Maintains all patient X-Ray files in a confidential and secure
- Maintains cleanliness in all diagnostic imaging rooms and
stocks necessary radiological supplies.
- Works closely with the provider(s) to receive guidance and
instruction for treating patients.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills to ensure optimal
patient care and promotes a positive working environment.
- Assists with maintaining an updated CT protocol manual and
- Assists with training of new associates, providing resources
and technical expertise.
- With appropriate training and competency validation, performs
other job duties as assigned and within the scope of their
practice. Such as venipuncture, lab operations, obtaining vital
signs, EKG, and other delegated tasks within the facility.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Possess thorough knowledge of
radiologic procedures used in patient's treatment, thorough
knowledge of safety and proper usage of all mechanical and
electrical equipment used in radiology, and knowledge of the
anatomy, physiology, and physics as applied to diagnostic imaging
of the human body. Applicant must be able to work independently in
CT/X-ray and possess the ability to communicate well with patients,
guests, staff members and physicians. Some minimal travel may be
required between sites of operations. Physical Demands: The
physical demands below are typical of those that must be met by the
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
position. Reasonable accommodations may be available for
individuals with disabilities.
- Employee is regularly required to hear and speak; is frequently
required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, reach with hands
and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, bend, or
twist at the waist, lift and move more than 10 pounds.
- Employee is occasionally required to lift and move objects up
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
- Required to constantly make decisions and concentrate.
- Ability to work with and around potentially hazardous materials
- Ability to work extended hours. PI200863043
Keywords: Premier ER & Urgent Care, San Marcos , Radiology / CT Technologist - Rad Tech - CT Tech, Healthcare , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!