Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
Company: Adams and Associates, Inc.
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 21, 2023
This Position has a $1000.00 Sign on Bonus. Competitive
POSITION SUMMARY Support the Center Physician in the development,
implementation, and monitoring of the total Center health and
wellness program and help students become and stay employed.
Responsible for the provision of preventative and emergency health
services and wellness education to students. Ensures
confidentiality of sensitive information and compliance with all
HIPAA laws. MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISION May serve as Health & Wellness
Director (if allowed under local state practice law). Assists in
the supervision and management of the Wellness Services Department
and subcontracted wellness services including mental health, dental
and medical services. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no
manipulation of student data. o Responsibility to assist in the
supervision and management the Wellness Department and staff.
- Ensures Center establishes and maintains Memorandums of
Understandings with local hospitals and wellness related community
- Compiles and submits all required reports and plans per
DOL/Corporate policy when directed. o Ensures adequate staff
coverage to meet the needs and requirements of the student
- Oversight and management of the wellness budget in conjunction
with the Wellness Director to identify and secure cost-saving
- Acts as Center liaison with local agencies for purchasing
applicable third-party health insurance for students, coordinating
health services, environmental health inspections and other
- Evaluates student health issues and concerns and makes
referrals as appropriate.
- Maintains and revises current health care guidelines to ensure
quality and effective wellness services to students.
- Coordinates and oversees the chronic condition case management
- Complies with local and federal guidelines for the
administration of all medications and maintenance of medical
- Ensures adequate inventory of medical equipment and
- Works with Safety and Security Department to complete and
submit required Significant Incident Reports.
- Ensures compliance with HIPPA and other applicable laws and
regulations regarding patient privacy and the maintenance of
- Proactively manages the Centers medical separation process and
provides students with the required medical services and referrals
to ensure student return and completion of the Job Corps
- Participates as an active member of the Centers HEALs (Healthy
Eating, Active Lifestyles) Committee. May serve as the chairperson
of the HEALs Committee.
- Makes recommendations and assists in filling staff vacancies.
Motivates staff to perform his/her job responsibilities, and holds
staff accountable for producing quality work. o Provides
required/supplemental training for new and current employees.
- Motivates and manages staff to work effectively, creates a
supportive work environment, recognizes staff accomplishments and
proactively addresses staff performance concerns. o Mentors,
monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the
- Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them
accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures
that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues
improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in
a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group
efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality
and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies
problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior
to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure
prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure
effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center
Director/Health and Wellness Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift
Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job
responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned. i QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE Active,
unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license to practice in state where
center is located. Two years of clinical experience preferred.
Current DEA registration required, if applicable in state where
center is located. Adams and Associates, Inc. abides by the
requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a).
These regulations prohibits discrimination against qualified
individuals based on their status as protected veterans or
individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against
all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, sex,
national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors
and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability." This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Support and services are available upon request to individuals with
disabilities or call Elva Zdeb at
Keywords: Adams and Associates, Inc., San Marcos , Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!