Registered Nurse - San Marcos - Emergency RN
Company: Premier Freestanding ER & Urgent Care
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Full-Time, Night Position offering Sign-On Bonus for experienced
ER Nurses!Job Summary: Utilizing the nursing process of assessment,
planning, implementation, and evaluation in the care of patients of
all ages/developmental stages who are experiencing changes in the
normal health process, the Registered Nurse participates in the
patient/family care and experience through critical thinking,
teamwork, effective communication, and nursing knowledge and skill.
He or she is responsible for accurately completing assigned duties
and conforming to policies and procedures. He or she is responsible
for contributing to successful operations of the shift in an
organized manner in accordance with current Texas Board of Nursing
standards. The Registered Nurse will assure the highest degree of
quality patient care and patient satisfaction is maintained at all
times.Reporting Structure: Reports to Charge Nurse, Nurse
Supervisor, and/or Director of Nursing. Education Qualifications
- Must possess and maintain a current Registered Nurse License in
the State of Texas (or compact license with the State of
- Current certification in BLS.
- Current ACLS and PALS are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- At least 2 years' experience as a Registered Nurse in an
Emergency Department Setting. Essential Job Functions:
- Provides patient-focused nursing care of the acutely ill or
injured patient. Utilizes the core nursing process of assessing,
planning, implementing, and evaluating and correlating accurate
documentation to reflect the course of treatment.
- Ensures patient care is holistic, compassionate and meets both
the clinical and spiritual/emotional needs of the patient.
- Triages and prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and
available resources. Implements the care plan and monitors,
records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with other disciplines to provide
well-coordinated patient care. Promotes a positive attitude for
good interpersonal, interdepartmental, and inter-facility
relationships. Shows consideration for and maintains good relations
with others. Ensures assignments delegated to another team member
are within his/her scope of practice, competency, and level of
licensure, communicating needs in a clear and concise manner.
Assures delegated tasks are completed and accurate.
- Performs essential job functions within his/her scope of
practice and maintains awareness of and adheres to current policies
and procedures set forth by Premier as well as other regulatory
guidelines set forth by entities including but not limited to The
Texas Department of State Health Services, Board of Nurse Examiners
and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
- Adheres to established laboratory procedures and follows
established safety guidelines for working in the laboratory.
Processes specimens according to written Laboratory procedures,
reporting results and filing paperwork accordingly.
- Provides basic respiratory services including use of
capnography, pulse oximetry, and administration of supplemental
oxygen and nebulized aerosolized treatments.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the
ability to work with minimal supervision. Internally inspired to
perform to the best of their ability using his/her own drive or
- Maintains composure when confronted with job stress or
emergency situations and adapts well to changes in the
- Facilitates patient transfer and discharge.
- Demonstrates a solution-driven attitude. Participates in the
development of departmental policies & procedures as well as
related documentation by offering recommendations that aligns with
current trends in emergency care, represents current standards of
care, and supports the focus of Premier to provide family-friendly,
compassionate care with little-to-no wait.
- Attends unit meetings, remaining abreast of current
departmental, facility, and organizational goals. Assists in
dissemination of information as needed to other team members.
- Diligently executes other duties as assigned.
- Participates in ongoing professional development.Knowledge,
Abilities and Skills:Knowledge of current federal and state laws
and regulations that apply to Freestanding Emergency Centers in
addition to the practice of nursing. Possess strong organizational
and time management skills and the ability to prioritize
responsibilities. Physical Demands:The physical demands below are
typical of those that must be met by the employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable
accommodations may be available for individuals with
- Employee is regularly required to hear and speak; is frequently
required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, reach with hands
and arms, lift and move more than 10 lbs.;
- Employee is occasionally required to lift and move objects up
to 25 lbs., climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus. Required to constantly make
decisions and concentrate.
Keywords: Premier Freestanding ER & Urgent Care, San Marcos , Registered Nurse - San Marcos - Emergency RN, Healthcare , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!