Company: MWD Management, LLC
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: May 20, 2023
The Medical Assistant is to provide assistance to the
licensed-medical provider in multiple settings including the clinic
and surgical settings. They are to provide safe, knowledgeable,
compassionate individualized care to all patients. This position
may be required to float to multiple locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the
expectations of this position but are not intended to be all
inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as a patient advocate during patient exam and
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure
their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Show patients to examination rooms, procedure rooms or
operative rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Record patients' medical history, medications, allergies, vital
statistics and information such as test results in medical
- Ensure proper consent forms are obtained prior to preparing a
patient for treatment
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician
following safety protocol of right dose, right patient, right
route, right drug and noting expiration date
- Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the
specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, wound care
instructions and physicians' instructions to patients.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them
instruments and materials or performing such tasks as giving
injections and removing sutures.
- Under Provider direction, authorize drug refills and provide
prescription information to pharmacies.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the
rooms neat and clean.
- Inspects sterile items prior to opening and lay supplies out on
sterile field in an organized manner
- Assist physician with surgical procedure while maintaining
- Assess the patient's condition throughout the exam, procedure
or surgery according to the facility's policies and notify
physician and RN of any indication of distress
- Responsible for cleaning room and medical equipment in between
each patient and at the end of the day.
- Correctly disposes of infection waste and biohazard
- Change dressings on wounds.
- Performs accurate documentation of all procedures in a timely
- Maintain patient confidentiality and data integrity in
accordance with Health Information Portability Accountability Act
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures in performing job
duties and responsibilities while supporting a culture of high
quality and excellent customer service
- Participate in department or unit quality improvement
activities Experience, Education and Certification Requirements:
- One (1)+ year experience in a medical setting, dermatology
- Current CPR certification
- Medical Assistant certification, preferred
Keywords: MWD Management, LLC, San Marcos , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...