Registered Nurse - Med Surg
Company: Res-Care, Inc
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Registered NurseOur Company
Equus Job Corps
The Registered Nurse is a licensed professional who provides direct and indirect care to person(s) served at our Job Corp Center.
* Assists the Health Services Director in planning, implementing and evaluation of an efficient wellness program consistent with the needs and Job Corps goals and objectives.
* Assess health problems and needs of person(s) served, develop and implement nursing care plans and maintain medical records.
* Administer nursing care to person(s) served.
* Advise person(s) served and staff on health maintenance and disease prevention and/or provide case management.
* Provides patient care, assessment, triage and treatment.
* Provides input to Health Services Director, Center Physician and Center Mental Health Consultant for case management of student health issues.
* Assist student orientation to Health Services.
* Assists Health Services Director with center-wide staff training requirements.
* Promotes and projects activities that support health and safety throughout the center.
* Acts as a liaison for Wellness Classroom and Center Life dormitories.
* Assures maintenance of medical records in accordance with PRH standards and Nurse Practice Acts.
* Performs quality assurance record audits.
* Participates in department system for student feedback and concerns.
* Provides on-call service and emergency care including first aid and CPR; facilitates provision of emergency service on Center.
* Assist health Service Director with monitoring Health Services expenditures to comply with established contract and budgets.
* Complies with OSHA requirements.
* Assists Health Service Director with medication management including monthly inventory and ordering of stock medication/vaccines; weekly count and monitoring of controlled substance and daily ordering and monitoring of student prescriptions to assure safety of medications and vaccines.
* Maintains accurate records for ordering, storage, administration and disposal of medication/vaccines.
* Ensures all hospital reports and lab reports are followed up on.
* Implements infection control measures in Health Service and assists in monitoring center-wide infection control.
* Assists in monitoring use, maintenance and disposal of supplies and equipment in Health Services.
* Supervises LPNs
* Other duties as assigned
* Degree in Nursing from an accredited school
* One of more years of nursing experience preferred
* Home Health Care experience preferred
* Experience in administering medications
* Current and unrestricted registration and license in the state of the operation
* CPR professional certification
* General knowledge of computers and the ability to learn industry specific software and documentation applications
* Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company
* Excellent organizational and time management skills with a keen attention to details
* Capable of working responsibly with highly confidential information
* Ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment
* Ability to develop critical thinking skills, research situations, solve complex problems and deal with a variety of issues
* Ability to learn and complete various educational and position specific goals
* Meet all pre-employment requirements per company and/or state regulations
* Basic clinical skills
* Professional appearance and demeanor
About our Line of Business
Equus Job Corps Workforce solutions has a deep-rooted history in the federally funded Job Corps program. Young adults ages 16-24 receive job training, academic instruction and important life skills through our Job Corps Center operations that prepare and connect them to a career pathway that is in demand and provides opportunities for advancement. Each Job Corps location is unique, but they all benefit from our Service Delivery Model which includes: innovative training and technology, exceptional customer experiences, superior safety and quality assurance systems, extensive community participation, results-driven performance management, unmatched organizational capacity, and unrivaled subject matter expertise. For more information, visit https://www.equusworks.com.
Additional Job Information
* $2500 Sign-ON Bonus*
Registered NurseOur Company
Keywords: Res-Care, Inc, San Marcos , Registered Nurse - Med Surg, Healthcare , San Marcos, Texas
here to apply!