Registered Nurse - Weekend - Med Surg
Company: Res-Care, Inc
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Registered Nurse - WeekendOur Company
Equus Job Corps
Join a team of passionate and caring clinicians who make a difference in people's lives. Our nursing group focuses on compassion and meeting the needs of our clients in a variety of settings. If your passion is outstanding patient care coupled with a desire to help others live their best life, then come work for us. Apply today!
* In addition to assessing the health of the people we serve and implementing their care plans, the Registered Nurse will ensure health maintenance and disease prevention and/or provide case management. Supervision of care plans and staff members may also be involved in daily work assignments.
* Duties of this healthcare role will include, but are not limited to: Observing, assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing support for well, chronic or acutely ill individuals in a community or small facility setting
* Working closely with other health professionals/providers in planning, implementing, and evaluating programs and services to address the health needs of persons served
* Coordinate communications and actions of various disciplines as it relates to health and safety supports
* Ensuring the ordering, reviewing, monitoring, discontinuation and, if necessary, the disposal of medications as prescribed by the physician
* Ensure that there are policies in place that address medication administration, medication errors, medication storage / access and medication destruction, and that these policies are reviewed at least annually and revised as necessary
* Ensuring that progress reports are made to the physician when the client's condition changes
* Transcribing or ensuring transcription of physician phone orders and other medically related reports
* Complete daily, monthly, quarterly and annual nursing documents as/ if required
* Ensuring the routine documentation of individual's health status in nurse's notes
* Ensuring that furnishings, equipment, and supplies are maintained within guidelines established to prevent the spread of disease
* Directing and supervising the activities of the licensed practical / vocational nurse as needed.
* Ensure that appointments for health related issues are scheduled, completed and that appropriate response to findings are implemented in a timely manner
* Maintain communication with inpatient nursing and discharge coordinators when individuals served are hospitalized
* Provide new employee training and annual recertification training for health and safety related topics
* Ensure unlicensed staff are trained on person-specific issues as they relate to each individual's health maintenance, safety, and disease prevention needs
Job RequirementsQualified candidates for the role of Registered Nurse must be capable healthcare professionals with a passion for improving the health and well-being of the people we serve. We are seeking compassionate, results-driven individuals with a commitment to nursing excellence.Requirements include: --- Registered Nursing Degree from an accredited college of nursing with current unrestricted registration and license--- Valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and proof of car insurance--- CPR and First Aid professional certification--- Experience or training in clerical, reception, and medical field equivalent--- Experience in administering medications--- 1+ years of nursing experience; supervisory experience, preferred--- Home health care experience, preferred
* Able to lift and carry items weighing up to 20 pounds
About our Line of Business
Equus Job Corps Workforce solutions has a deep-rooted history in the federally funded Job Corps program. Young adults ages 16-24 receive job training, academic instruction and important life skills through our Job Corps Center operations that prepare and connect them to a career pathway that is in demand and provides opportunities for advancement. Each Job Corps location is unique, but they all benefit from our Service Delivery Model which includes: innovative training and technology, exceptional customer experiences, superior safety and quality assurance systems, extensive community participation, results-driven performance management, unmatched organizational capacity, and unrivaled subject matter expertise. For more information, visit https://www.equusworks.com.
Registered Nurse - WeekendOur Company
Keywords: Res-Care, Inc, San Marcos , Registered Nurse - Weekend - Med Surg, Healthcare , San Marcos, Texas
here to apply!