Registered Nurse - Med Surg
Company: Res-Care, Inc
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Registered NurseOur Company
Equus Job Corps
The Registered Nurse is a licensed professional who provides direct
and indirect care to person(s) served at our Job Corp Center.
* Assists the Health Services Director in planning, implementing
and evaluation of an efficient wellness program consistent with the
needs and Job Corps goals and objectives.
* Assess health problems and needs of person(s) served, develop and
implement nursing care plans and maintain medical records.
* Administer nursing care to person(s) served.
* Advise person(s) served and staff on health maintenance and
disease prevention and/or provide case management.
* Provides patient care, assessment, triage and treatment.
* Provides input to Health Services Director, Center Physician and
Center Mental Health Consultant for case management of student
* Assist student orientation to Health Services.
* Assists Health Services Director with center-wide staff training
* Promotes and projects activities that support health and safety
throughout the center.
* Acts as a liaison for Wellness Classroom and Center Life
* Assures maintenance of medical records in accordance with PRH
standards and Nurse Practice Acts.
* Performs quality assurance record audits.
* Participates in department system for student feedback and
* Provides on-call service and emergency care including first aid
and CPR; facilitates provision of emergency service on Center.
* Assist health Service Director with monitoring Health Services
expenditures to comply with established contract and budgets.
* Complies with OSHA requirements.
* Assists Health Service Director with medication management
including monthly inventory and ordering of stock
medication/vaccines; weekly count and monitoring of controlled
substance and daily ordering and monitoring of student
prescriptions to assure safety of medications and vaccines.
* Maintains accurate records for ordering, storage, administration
and disposal of medication/vaccines.
* Ensures all hospital reports and lab reports are followed up
* Implements infection control measures in Health Service and
assists in monitoring center-wide infection control.
* Assists in monitoring use, maintenance and disposal of supplies
and equipment in Health Services.
* Supervises LPNs
* Other duties as assigned
* Degree in Nursing from an accredited school
* One of more years of nursing experience preferred
* Home Health Care experience preferred
* Experience in administering medications
* Current and unrestricted registration and license in the state of
* CPR professional certification
* General knowledge of computers and the ability to learn industry
specific software and documentation applications
* Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the
* Excellent organizational and time management skills with a keen
attention to details
* Capable of working responsibly with highly confidential
* Ability to work effectively independently or in a team
* Ability to develop critical thinking skills, research situations,
solve complex problems and deal with a variety of issues
* Ability to learn and complete various educational and position
* Meet all pre-employment requirements per company and/or state
* Basic clinical skills
* Professional appearance and demeanor
About our Line of Business
Equus Job Corps Workforce solutions has a deep-rooted history in
the federally funded Job Corps program. Young adults ages 16-24
receive job training, academic instruction and important life
skills through our Job Corps Center operations that prepare and
connect them to a career pathway that is in demand and provides
opportunities for advancement. Each Job Corps location is unique,
but they all benefit from our Service Delivery Model which
includes: innovative training and technology, exceptional customer
experiences, superior safety and quality assurance systems,
extensive community participation, results-driven performance
management, unmatched organizational capacity, and unrivaled
subject matter expertise. For more information, visit
Additional Job Information
* $500 Sign-On Bonus*
3PM-11PM or 11PM-7AM
Days off TBD
USD $78,000.00 - $82,000.00 / Year
Keywords: Res-Care, Inc, San Marcos , Registered Nurse - Med Surg, Healthcare , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!