FOOD SERVICE WORKER/CASHIER (FULL & PART-TIME)
Company: Chartwells Higher Education
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- We are hiring immediately for several full and part-time -FOOD
SERVICE WORKER/CASHIER positions.
- Location: Texas State University - 100 W Woods St. San Marcos,
TX 78666. - -Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: - F/T & P/T: - -All days, 4:45pm-1:00am, more details
upon interview. -
- Requirement: - -Food service experience is a plus -but not a
requirement.*Internal Employee Referral Bonus AvailableWe Make
Applying Easy! - Want to apply to this job via text messaging? -
Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 995891. -The
advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you
apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message
and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help.
Terms and conditions: At colleges and universities around the
country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus
dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new
standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces
that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and
interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together
by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
-With over 300 campuses around the country, we are seeking hungry,
humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a
diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey
with us and look forward to hearing from you. -
Job SummarySummary: - Performs
cashiering duties, including general food service work. Maintains
sanitation standards in the preparation, service and dining room
facilities. -Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and
seeding fruits and vegetables. Weighs and measures designated
- Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work
stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety
standards. Distributes supplies, utensils and portable
- Stores foods in designated areas in accordance with wrapping,
dating, and food safety and rotation procedures.
- Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils.
- Ensures compliance with sanitation and safety
- Uses approved food recipes and production standards to ensure
proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion
- Serves customers in a friendly, efficient manner following
outlined steps of service.
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a
friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Relays relevant information to supervisor.
- Performs sales transactions.
- Enters sales into the cash register to ensure purchases are
- Makes change, accepts declining balance cards and other
acceptable forms of payment.
- Issues receipts to customers.
- Follows standard procedures for issuing cash refunds.
- Responsible for all assigned change funds and cash receipts,
ensuring that cash drawer is in compliance with overage/shortage
- Replenishes condiments, beverages and general supplies while
maintaining service area cleanliness.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The BenefitsWe are always
looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of
work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and
part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home ProgramIn addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)Our Commitment to Diversity
and InclusionCompass Group is an equal opportunity employer. -At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law. - -Qualified candidates must be
able to perform the essential functions of this position
satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of
all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements
associated with this position. While this is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves
the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job
based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group
will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
ordinance).Req ID:995891Chartwells HE - -
Keywords: Chartwells Higher Education, San Marcos , FOOD SERVICE WORKER/CASHIER (FULL & PART-TIME), Hospitality & Tourism , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!