Ready Mix Truck Drivers (CDL Only) - San Marcos Plant
Company: Martin Marietta
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Operate Ready Mix/Concrete Truck in a safe and efficient manner
adhering to Martin Marietta and Department of Transportation (DOT)
rules and regulations.
Starting Ready Mix Drivers at $21.00 with Load Bonus opportunity
and Full Health Benefits as of Day ONE
Position located in San Marcos, TX
- Performs daily preventative maintenance, record and inspection
on vehicles to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection,
checking and adding fluids as needed.
- Uses water hoses to clean mixer between loads.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Assist maintenance with repairs as needed.
- Visually inspect the consistency of concrete in mixer.
- Communicates and directs coworkers verbally either directly,
through two-way radio or hand signals.
- Provides appropriate documentation on delivery tickets.
- Ensures all delivery tickets are signed and returned.
- Exercise good judgment regarding work site access, unloading
and operation to and from work site.
- Maintain good customer relations. Act in a professional,
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Assists in training of co-workers as needed.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of lock out/tag out procedures.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Rules and Regulations
and assures facility compliance with OSHA, DOT, EPA and other
- Required to follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Possess a Commercial A or B Drivers' License
- One-year experience operating tandem trucks and/or Ready Mix
truck driving experience preferred
- Possess a safe driving record
- Maintain an active DOT qualification
- Read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to perform well in a "TEAM" environment
- Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate
prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel,
push and pull objects.
- Demonstrate neck range of motion within normal limits (flexion
and extension 60, lateral flexion 40 and rotation 70)
- Lift objects of various dimensions and weights.
- Ability to operate hand controls with both hands.
- Ability to operate foot pedals with both feet.
- Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching.
- Ability to use vibration tools.
- Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental
temperatures and weather.
- Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise
- Ability to tolerate working at heights up to 9 feet.
- All time is spent in an outside setting that may require
various periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet
or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust,
etc. Must be able to work early mornings and/or evenings, 12 hour
shifts, and Monday thru Saturday schedule.
Keywords: Martin Marietta, San Marcos , Ready Mix Truck Drivers (CDL Only) - San Marcos Plant, Other , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!