Prevention Specialist - Full Time - San Marcos, TX
Company: Cenikor Foundation
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The position has the primary responsibility to assist in the
implementation of the SAMHSA Strategic
Prevention Framework (SPF) grant encompassing the project
goals and objectives approved
by SAMHSA. Project Aim proposes to prevent and interrupt the
progression of substance
use and its related problems, while strengthening prevention
capacity and infrastructure at the
community level. This position will work to empower
communities to promote Health and Wellness
and substance free lifestyles in designated population and
build structures to support those lifestyles.
MONDAY - FRIDAY 8AM - 5 PM
- Will work
to reduce health inequities by directly addressing the social
determinants of health such as stigma, lack of social support, or
policies/organizational practices that create barriers to
prevention and treatment.
- Will assist in implementing the
federal strategic prevention framework utilizing the six federal
strategies for substance abuse prevention and related risk
and arranges Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) related
activities and interventions aimed to improve health by changing
community norms and attitudes, community awareness, and community
behavior of priority populations and/or system interventions that
aim to improve health.
assess needs, resources and/or practices prior to implementation of
the proposed interventions
- Facilitate the implementation of a
data-driven logic model planning processes within communities to
establish clear direction for addressing community substance abuse
and related risk prevention needs.
strengthen community involvement in substance use prevention
efforts by increasing a sense of community ownership,
participation, and collaboration with prevention
- Prepare and disseminate public
information materials to provide current ATOD and related risks
- Must carry
out planned activities as indicated in their project plan and
conduct periodic assessments of progress that follows a formal
- Work with Project Director and other
Project Aim Team Members to ensure that the Strategic Prevention
Framework is followed accurately.
- Participate in team meetings with
the Sr. Prevention Manager, Project Director and other team members
on a weekly basis.
- Prepare and disseminate public
information materials to provide current substance use and related
risks prevention information.
- Maintain professional development as required by federal
guidelines to meet compliance
- Participate in all required Cenikor meetings and
- Perform additional duties as
assigned related to enhancing project efforts and consistent with
the functions as assigned in this job
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent oral communication skills to convey information
effectively, in small or large
- Proven ability to establish effective working relationships with
- Strong organizational (time management), and problem-solving
skills to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks as directed
by Federal contract.
- Effective communication and networking
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikors
Culture with all team members:
- Demonstrate mission of service to
- Positive, respectful communication
with both team Members and participants
- Demonstrate self-motivation and
perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional
behaviors including appropriate
- Work effectively as part of a team,
helping to set up others for success
- Bachelors degree in Social Work, Education or another related
previous experience working with Hispanic population and preferred
ability to have conversations with populations that speak the
- Standing and/or sitting for extended
periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or
arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to
manipulate objects with fingers rather than with
or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard.
- Communication skills using the
written and spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal
- Ability to hear within normal
required in personal vehicle to community meetings and
- Valid Drivers License
- E-mail Account
- Computer Available
Youth, Young Adults, Family Members, Community
Partners, and the General Public.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Cenikor Foundation, San Marcos , Prevention Specialist - Full Time - San Marcos, TX, Other , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!