Location: San Marcos
Posted on: June 6, 2021
WHAT MAKE US US?
Outside of our obviously mouthful of a name its the mouthful of
flavors we pack into every bite. With each bite a moment, a memory,
an escape well, at least for the time it takes to finish - and with
our portions that can be a while. And never a crumb left behind,
because good knows good.
Here, we find comfort in knowing our food brings you comfort from
the moment you walk in, to the moment you taste our
fresh-from-scratch baked bread. And since everything is
made-to-order - from sandwiches to pizza - it makes sense that were
more deliberate food than fast food. Although, we do promise its
worth the wait.
So, instead of giving you a long history lesson, well leave you
Its been 50 years since that day on South Congress where we crafted
(and perfected) our very first sandwich. And since that day weve
only added to our list of accomplishments.
But dont just take our word for it just ask our devoted fans. Like
the ones that legit cant quit our jalapeo chips or our homemade hot
What will be your thing?Overview:
Schlotzsky's is hiring for BAKER!
Pay is $10-$13 per hour, depending on
availability, experience, and location sales volume.
Fresh Baked Bread is the most important part of
Schlotzsky's and what differentiates us from
A full time Baker will typically be scheduled 7:00 AM -3:00 PM,
five or six days per week. This is a very consistent job in regards
to schedule and hours per week.
Bakers are responsible for baking our Baked Fresh Daily breads
and pizza crusts. The bread and crust quality must meet strict
guidelines for appearance and texture; therefore, Bakers must
follow recipe standards and consistently produce quality products.
You'll be responsible for cleaning and maintaining baking equipment
and following all safety and sanitation protocols.
- Bake batches according to the needs shown on daily PAR/BAKE
- Consistently produce a high quality bakery product
- Be extremely accurate with weights and measurements for all
- Keep workstation clean at all times.
- Keep Freezer product in order and sealed after each use.
- Properly clean all dishes and pans throughout shift. (MINIMUM
30 PANS PER DAY)
- Assist managers in determining current and needed bread levels
and bake sequence.
- Strictly adhere to all safety and health code requirements for
the bakery including all OSHA and SERVSAFE guidelines.
- Complete all baking assignments in a timely manner.
GENERAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must at least 18 years of age in order to operate certain
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently of
- Must have multi-tasking skills to coordinate several tasks
during various stages of the baking process.
- Essential functions of the position include, but is not limited
- Lifting and carrying a maximum of 50 pound
- Bending and lifting heavy dough tubs to and from the
- Performing repetitive arm and hand squeezing and flexing.
- Working around extremely hot equipment and handling hot pans
while wearing baking mitts.
- Repeatedly lifting and turning body while sliding bakery sheet
pans in and out of the proofer and bakery oven.
- Standing throughout a scheduled shift.
- Bending, stretching and kneeling to reach certain products or
clean certain areas of the restaurant.
- Adhere to strict safety and sanitation standards.
- Report to work timely for each scheduled shift.
- Arrive and depart from work meeting all uniform and grooming
- Must become familiar with and adhere to all Company policies
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to handle fast-paced and high stress situations in the
- Organize and establish priorities in the store with minimal
- Willing to offer opinions and recommendations towards the store
1 Free Shift Meal
Great work environment
Opportunity for advancement and growth
Keywords: Schlotzsky's, San Marcos , Baker, Other , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!