I Vini Cook, Austin Bergstrom Airport
Company: Delaware North
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: July 29, 2022
The Opportunity Delaware North Travel Hospitality Service is
hiring a Cook to join our team at Austin Bergstrom Airport in
Austin, Texas. As a Cook, you will be responsible for preparing
ingredients and guest orders, communicate with serving staff, keep
workspace clean through out shift, and adhere to food preparation
and food storage health and safety guidelines. Position starts at
$19.25 / hour + $3000 Sign-On BonusFull Time Employee Total Rewards
Package: Delaware North believes in a total rewards package that
helps us recruit and retain the best associates in the industry. We
have a comprehensive benefits program designed to give our
associates the comfort, safety and stability they need to serve our
guests each and every day. Below is a listing of many of our
benefits: 401(k) plan with company contribution Medical Dental
Vision Life insurance Short-term disability Long-term disability
Shift Differential Paid Meals Paid time off including personal
Holidays, Holidays, sick days and vacation Paid Parking
- Prepare food to specifications before and during unit
- Comply with all portion sizes, quality standards, department
rules, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensure freshness and quality of all menu items and packages all
products to proper specifications.
- Perform opening, closing, and side work duties and end-of-day
inventory, and other duties in accordance with company checklists
- Keep workstation, coolers, and equipment clean, organized,
sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Use waste control guidelines and records all waste on the
- At least 1 year of previous experience in a back-of-the-house
foodservice position is required.
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions.Physical Requirements
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip a variety
of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to handle or operate kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for the entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at the
waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops, and
- Kitchen environment noise levels may be moderate-to-high.
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.Who We Are
Serving more than 11 million passengers each year, Austin-Bergstrom
International Airport is one of the fastest-growing airports in the
United States. Delaware North gives travelers a true taste of the
town with its award-winning and locally focused dining and retail
options.At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work
with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues,
casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier
restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately
take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100
years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy
the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, San Marcos , I Vini Cook, Austin Bergstrom Airport, Other , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!