FOOD UNIT LEAD (FULL TIME AND PART TIME)
Company: Chartwells HE
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: September 25, 2022
- We are hiring immediately for a FT/PT FOOD UNIT LEAD
- Location: -TXSTATE- 700 Moore Street San Marcos 78666 - -Note:
online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: 3pm-11pm
- Requirement: -Food Svc/Restaurant experience required
- Starting pay: - per hour*Internal Employee Referral Bonus
AvailableWe Make Applying Easy! - Want to apply to this job via
text messaging? - Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID
number 1037728. -The advertised program is an AI recruiting
assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message
frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to
opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: At over 300
colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher
Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are
challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in
high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to
promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are
food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed
hungry minds and prepare students for success. -We are seeking
hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and
grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your
career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you. -
Job Summary Summary: - Coordinates
activities of other food-service employees. Creates an enjoyable
dining experience for customers, staff and visitors. -Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one
attention to detail.
- Oversees and participates in the preparation and service of
food and beverage items in accordance with company standards for
presentation, sanitation, safety and portion control.
- Helps plan menus.
- Ensures timely, efficient meal service; supervises serving of
- Responds to customer complaints in person at the time of the
complaint and via email for electronic complaints.
- Trains employees; assigns and coordinates work of employees to
promote efficiency and excellence in food and service.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and
expedites work flow.
- Uses proper systems for completion of required
daily/weekly/monthly reports such as inventory-cash
reports-production records, payroll and time- keeping.
- Responsible for proper cash handling as established by the Food
Accounting Manual (deposits - petty cash - change funds).
- Orders food and other necessary supplies from approved sources
- Directs and participates in the overall sanitation and safety
of the facility and employees in accordance with company standards
and government regulations.
- Develops sanitation schedule and ensures food-service employees
adhere to the schedule for cleaning of kitchen and dining area and
washing of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Help select and orient employees; oversees staff training in
areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The BenefitsWe are always
looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of
work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and
part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home ProgramIn addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)Our Commitment to Diversity
and InclusionCompass Group is an equal opportunity employer. -At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law. - -Qualified candidates must be
able to perform the essential functions of this position
satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of
all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements
associated with this position. While this is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves
the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job
based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group
will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
ordinance).Req ID:1037728Chartwells HE - -
Keywords: Chartwells HE, San Marcos , FOOD UNIT LEAD (FULL TIME AND PART TIME), Other , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!