Experienced Cook, Austin Bergstrom Airport
Company: Delaware North
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 20, 2023
The OpportunityDelaware North Travel and Hospitality is hiring
full-time Cooks to join our team at Austin Bergstrom Airport in
Austin, Texas. As a Cook, you will be responsible for preparing
ingredients and guest orders, communicate with serving staff, keep
workspace clean through out shift, and adhere to food preparation
and food storage health and safety guidelines.Minimum pay rate:
$21.50 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at
At Delaware North, we care about our associates professional and
personal wellbeing. We have a comprehensive benefits program
designed to give our associates the comfort, safety, and stability
they need to deliver exceptional service to our guests. All
associates are eligible for benefits including weekly pay, employee
assistance program, training and development, employee discounts,
and flexible work schedules. Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, and tuition
reimbursement are available for eligible
- Prepare food to specifications before and during unit
- Comply with all portion sizes, quality standards, department
rules, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensure freshness and quality of all menu items and packages all
products to proper specifications.
- Perform opening, closing, and side work duties and end-of-day
inventory, and other duties in accordance with company checklists
- Keep workstation, coolers, and equipment clean, organized,
sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Use waste control guidelines and records all waste on the
- At least1 year of previous experience in a back-of-the-house
foodservice position is required.
- Participation in a culinary program is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets and recipes.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions.Physical Requirements
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip a variety
of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to handle or operate kitchen equipment.
- Standing and walking for the entire length of shift.
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at the
waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops, and
- Kitchen environment noise levels may be moderate-to-high.
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.Who We
AreServing more than 11 million passengers each year,
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is one of the
fastest-growing airports in the United States. Delaware North gives
travelers a true taste of the town with its award-winning and
locally focused dining and retail options. Popular Austin brands
include Salt Lick BBQ, Tacodeli, Juiceland, JOs Coffee, Peached
Tortilla, Tylers ToyJoy, and Book People. Delaware North team
members receive paid free parking, daily meal vouchers,and
uniforms.At Delaware North, youll love where you work, who you work
with, and how your day unfolds. Whether its in sporting venues,
casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier
restaurants, theres no telling where your career can ultimately
take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100
years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy
the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with
us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, San Marcos , Experienced Cook, Austin Bergstrom Airport, Other , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!