MIS Client Services - Store Support - Starting at $35K/Yr
Company: McCoy's Building Supply
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Provide technical support for Point-of-Sale Hardware, PC and Laptop Hardware, and PC Software for all Store locations and Corporate personnel. Can be responsible for shipping and receiving of equipment to and from stores and vendors. Maintain adequate level of spare inventory for stores and Headquarters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Responsible for supporting end-points solutions for our store and corporate users
* Provides customer support through research and materials
* Troubleshoots and diagnoses POS, PC, Printer, and wireless hardware related problems to determine cause of malfunctions and take appropriate action to resolve those malfunctions
* Consult's clients, vendors, and other Information Services personnel to resolve operational and technical issues
* Provides on-site support when necessary; Will require multiple travel days each month on planned projects and may require travel on short notice
* Completes the installation and set up of PC equipment using distribution software or site visits
* Provides after hours and weekend support on a rotating schedule
* Provides technical input for required technical information and updates
* Utilizes Help Desk software tools to track and document assigned tickets
* Prioritizes and responds to help desk tickets per department requirements
* Communicates with all customers on expected resolution time frames
* Works with management and the SAAM team to improve processes and procedures for standardized Windows Desktop builds. (imaging)
* Maintains a working knowledge of deploying OS and application updates, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, and Windows Operating Systems
* Analyzes and resolves desktop system and application problems. Maintain adequate levels of spare equipment through repair and/or replacement for Headquarters and stores
* Maintain adequate shipping and maintenance supplies
* Test all equipment returned from stores
* Identify patterns of faulty equipment
* Identify and report chronic equipment issues
* Follows Standard Operating Procedures while carrying out the responsibilities of position
* Attends and participates in all department meetings and company-sponsored management programs as required
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
* Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in Computer Sciences; one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
* Experience with end point security best practices preferred
* Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by management
* Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week or such other hours per day or hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs
* Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs
* This position will provide on call support for after hours service on a rotating basis and adhere to the McCoy on call coverage guidelines
* This position requires occasional travel with overnight stays
* Must meet driver's license requirements as required by the Company
* Must be able to legally obtain a rental vehicle in all states in which the company does business
* Must have current auto liability insurance
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
McCoy's is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources Department at (866) 896-0884.
Keywords: McCoy's Building Supply, San Marcos , MIS Client Services - Store Support - Starting at $35K/Yr, Other , San Marcos, Texas
here to apply!