IT Support Specialist
Company: ZT Systems
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: September 11, 2023
About the RoleWe are seeking an IT Site Support Specialist to
provide the smooth delivery of day-to-day IT Operations, which
includes (but not limited to) technical support to end-users via
phone, remote access, and desk-side support. IT Site Support
Specialist will be responsible for delivering, setting up,
configuring, and troubleshooting end-user desktops & laptop
computer hardware, software, printers, and BYOD devices as needed.
They must also be able to resolve problems quickly with little
impact on the end-users. There will also be some hands-on IT
activities to assist IT organization related to the site.
Successful candidates will share our values and have an interest in
working with the latest technologies in support of our operations
team to provide exceptional support.What You Will Do
- Provide technical and troubleshooting assistance related to
computer hardware and software, mobile devices and other tech tools
and product such as Office 365/Office 2013
- Meets and communicates with users, solves issues in a positive
and efficient manner.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of IT hardware and software
- Assists end-users with basic computing and telecommunication
issues and questions.
- Leverage remote support tools to help resolve support
- Ensure all problem tickets are closed within their established
- Perform special projects and miscellaneous duties as requested
and as time permits.
- As an Information Technology and Systems team member, you may
be asked, as new business needs arise, to accept additional tasks
and responsibilities within the department, besides those detailed
in this job description.
- High-level problem-solving skills will be needed for
troubleshooting issues related to IT hardware and software.
- Will interact with different IT Towers to address and implement
IT needs for the site.
- Expected to work closely with the central IT teams to develop
and implement processes and procedures which are then rolled out
and followed. Expected to influence site management teams to ensure
IT policies are supported and followed.
- Work closely with local site management to ensure site needs
and IT plans are in line; will be an influencer in this role and
needs to have ability to communicate with managers at all levels of
- Provide support and direction to junior level helpdesk
- Expected to be engaged with local service providers and IT
suppliers to ensure the best possible service.
- There is a requirement to be on call at times, travel away from
home and show a high degree of flexibility.What You Bring
- Leadership capabilities to lead the Local Site and to be the
hands-on Senior IT person on site, managing the workload and
assessing IT needs at site.
- Associates Degree or above in a related technical discipline or
the equivalent combination of education and technical
certifications, training and/or work experience.
- 4+ years of field experience.
- 4+ years' experience working in a Help Desk or Desktop Support
- 4+ years' experience with setting up and troubleshooting
Microsoft office suite products (Office 365/Office 2013).
- 4+ years' troubleshooting Windows 8.1 and above operating
- A+, Microsoft certifications, or other IT related
certifications are a plus.
- Understanding VPNs and Wi-Fi profiles is a plus.
- Experience with Telecom/VOIP is a plus.
- Microsoft Windows Image Deployment experience
- PowerShell or other scripting experience a plus.
- Experience using some type of Remote Desktop Support Tool.
- Experience with a ticketing system.
- Setup and troubleshoot network printers for end-users.
- Able to identify issues and generate solutions or request
escalation when necessary.
- Highly self-motivated with excellent prioritization and
- Ability to manage time effectively and complete required
projects on time., About ZT Systems At ZT Systems, you'll get to do
work you are proud of alongside smart, passionate people. Every
day, there are opportunities to collaborate with the best in the
industry to design, build, and deliver impactful solutions to
world-class customers. Along the way, you will gain hands-on
experience in a face-paced environment that's challenging,
rewarding, and career-defining.A culture built around our values we
work hard and think fast. We view challenges as opportunities-to do
better, push harder, and be faster than we were the day before.
When we fail, we learn from it and move on together. And when we
succeed, we use the momentum to go even further. We create value
with everything we do, building the foundation of today-and
transforming the future of tomorrow.Join ZT Systems and help us
build technology infrastructure that connects the world. What We
Offer When you join ZT, you'll enjoy a range of world-class,
inclusive employee benefits designed to grow with you and our
company. From competitive compensation to 401K matching to
comprehensive health & wellness programs and tuition reimbursement,
ZT Systems offers industry leading benefits packages for eligible
employees designed to help you get the most out of life.ZT Group
Int'l. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any kind. ZT Systems provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: ZT Systems, San Marcos , IT Support Specialist, Other , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!