Company: Ashford Communities
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Want to Grow Prosperously?
- Competitive Salary Offered
- Monthly Bonus Offered
- Rent discount for living on-site (Up to 50%)Want to Grow
- Continuous Training in Maintenance
- Certified training for all team members
- Personal coaching offered
- Large portfolio of 18 properties with 16 in Houston, providing
opportunities to learn from peers.Want to Grow Personally?
- Great career advancement opportunities
- Owner managed and company is growth mode with acquisition of
3-4 properties per year. This provides stability and growth for
high performing employees
- Great vacation and benefits package with medical, dental and
vision coverageAPPLY TODAY to be a part of one of the fastest
growing Owner - Managed Houston- Based -Multifamily team! ASHFORD
COMMUNITIES. Read about us on our website, ashfordco.com
(http://ashfordco.com/)Ashford Communities is currently looking for
Maintenance Supervisor for one of our communities in Southwest
Job Summary:The Maintenance Supervisor at Ashford Communities is
generally responsible for completing tasks that ensure the
community meets all safety standards, site appearance standards and
that all apartments, buildings, equipment and amenities are
maintained in good working order. The Maintenance Supervisor
participates in and supervises the process of preparing apartments
for new residents, responding to and completing resident requests
for maintenance and implements programs that promote a high level
of customer service. They will also oversee and ensure work quality
of the maintenance staff and performs all duties in compliance with
all federal and state laws pertaining to the apartment industry
including Fair Housing.This position reports directly to the
Community Manager.Education and Experience Required
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- A minimum of two years prior maintenance experience working in
multifamily apartment industry
- HVAC EPA Certification.
- Experience with Heat Pump HVAC is a plus.
- Valid driver license
- High School diploma or GED (or equivalent work
experience)Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a role-model to the maintenance staff and creates a
positive work environment by leading the maintenance staff in
delivering and promoting excellent customer service and supporting
the resident retention and maintenance goals of the community at
- Trains, schedules, develop and manage the performance of the
maintenance staff to ensure the maintenance goals of the community
are being met. Ensures that the maintenance staff complies with
company policies and safety standards.
- Performs community maintenance functions as a working
supervisor in the areas of electrical, plumbing, heating, cooling
systems (in compliance with EPA), painting, and carpentry, masonry,
and roofing and fence systems repairs.
- Performs any and all maintenance tasks required of subordinates
as necessary to ensure deadlines are met.
- Conducts periodic inspections to ensure work quality and
identifies maintenance needs of community.
- Develops community preventative maintenance programs and
schedules and ensures that the apartment community assets are
preserved and in good repair.
- Schedules work, set priorities, and assigns maintenance
responsibilities in order to achieve site maintenance standards for
resident satisfaction and efficiency.
- Manages the apartment turnover processes to ensure an adequate
inventory of apartments is available to meet the marketing and
leasing efforts of the community.
- Schedules subcontractors or assists in the apartment turnover
process as necessary. Inspects all apartments to ensure they are
ready for new resident move-ins.
- Follows company and community procedures for purchasing and
storing maintenance materials and supplies. Develops an inventory
control systems to ensure cost efficiency and effectiveness in
materials on hand. Stays up to date on vendor services, products
and pricing. Sets up and maintains maintenance shop and storage
areas that are clean and organized.
- Depending upon community size, may be regularly scheduled to
respond to after-hours maintenance emergencies.
- Adheres to community standards for site appearance and curb
appeal. Directs the maintenance staff and participates in maintain
cleanliness of grounds, building exteriors, curbs, breezeways and
- Promote the company safety standards. Conducts monthly safety
meetings and inspections in accordance with company policies and
procedures. Reports safety violations immediately to the Property
Manager. Acts as a role model in following safety procedures and
utilizing all safety equipment as necessary.
- Complies with all administrative procedures. Reviews and
completes all maintenance forms accurately and in accordance with
established community deadlines (i.e. turn over cards, site
inspection logs, service requests, pool logs, maintenance &
- Ensures that all routine lighting inspections are completed and
burnt-out bulbs are being replaced as necessary
- Participates in mandatory training programs.
- Responsible for possessing and maintaining personal hand tools,
reporting to work on time as scheduled and in proper
uniform.Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with Property Manager,
Property Supervisor, residents and subordinates.
- Proven abilities and proficiency performing maintenance in all
of the following areas: electrical, plumbing, appliance repair,
carpentry, painting, pool maintenance & cleaning, carpet repair &
replacement, roofing, furnace and air conditioning repair.
- Excellent supervisory and training skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact
effectively with persons of diverse social, cultural and ethnic
- Ability to manage and lead a team to achieve maintenance and
community goals.ABOUT ASHFORD COMMUNITIESAshford Communities
Overview: Ashford Video (https://vimeo.com/275005626)Communities
was founded in 1997 and has as vision to create "a place to belong"
by building communities. We strive to deliver quality services to
our residents and build resident engagement. This has provided
Ashford Communities a significant competitive advantage and a sound
platform for growth.The company currently employs 140 employees and
owns and manages 4,700 residential living units across 18
communities. We have a proud history of operational excellence,
financial stability, and management integrity that has resulted in
a solid reputation in the market.BENEFITS of working with Ashford
CommunitiesAt Ashford Communities, our employees are just as
important to us as our residents. That's why we offer a
comprehensive benefits package to meet your needs. Additional
benefits are achieved the longer you are with us, such as increased
paid time off. Here are just a few of the benefits Ashford
- Competitive salary
- Commission (based on leasing performance of leasing staff)
- Personal and Professional Growth - Coaching/ Training/
Mentoring/ Participation in courses and certifications
- Onsite housing discount (50% at the same community where you
- Education reimbursement
- Paid vacation
- Personal Days/ Sick Days
- Health, Eye and Dental Insurance
- Significant Career Growth opportunities
Keywords: Ashford Communities, San Marcos , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!