General Maintenance (Residence Inn San Marcos)
Company: Platinum Companies
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Job Profile: General Maintenance Job Profile Summary: Perform
scheduled preventative maintenance in guest rooms, meeting rooms,
and/or public spaces as required, Respond and attend to repair
requests. Maintain the building and grounds with particular
attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Perform
preventive maintenance and energy conservation in coordination with
management. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements.
Provide exceptional customer satisfaction. Maintain professionalism
at all times. Possess technical knowledge and aptitude. Essential
Responsibilities and Duties include the following - Other Duties
May Be Assigned:
- Perform maintenance operations to ensure the functions are in
accordance with Platinum Management Services, LLC. and Brand
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and
ordinances as they apply to the property, guests and
- Adhere to safety and emergency procedures and policies (i.e.
evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety
- Maintain, repair and clean all guest rooms in accordance with
the property room preventative maintenance procedures and standard
- Preventative Maintenance as noted on maintenance log.
- Estimate time and extent of repairs.
- Perform general cleaning of all guestroom surfaces to include
tub, wall tile, hard floors, walls, windows, mirrors.
- Service the hotel's pool, including adjusting chemicals and
cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as
cabinets, tables, chairs, doors windows and counters. Paint and
finish furniture and fixtures if needed.
- Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or
safety hazards immediately to the manager/supervisor.
- Conduct regular stock and inventory of tools and
- Maintain, repair and operate equipment for optimum
effectiveness, efficiency and safety. Equipment inclusive of PTAC
units, Ice Machines, Refrigerators, Door locks,etc.
- Complete regular property inspections; interior and
- Maintain franchise standards and follow-up on inspection
- Perform on-call emergency service as required.
- Control expenses to achieve or exceed budget goals.
- Maintain accurate logs and records as required.
- Work closely with management to ensure that the communication
among all departments is frequent and clear.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company
standards and anticipate and address guests service needs.
- Handle guest problems and complaints effectively.
- Assist with projects.
- Keep company business including but not limited to, financials,
personnel, guest and customer data strictly confidential.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required.
- Maintain and fulfill any training and or certification programs
as instructed or to comply with Company and Brand standards.
- Professional appearance and grooming must be adhered to at all
- Uniforms must be worn according to Company and Brand
- Be a self-starter.
- Proficient with current technologies and software inclusive of
- Familiarity with maintenance tools and equipment.
- Ability to handle physical workload.
- Follow budget and inventory protocol.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- Be organized and work well in a fast-paced team
- Stand and/or walk for extended period s of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place object weighing less
than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Reach overhead and
below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and
- Have an outgoing personality.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- HVAC, plumbing, and electrical certification a plus.
- High School Diploma required. ** To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform duties and meet
requirements satisfactorily. ** As an employee, it is your
responsibility to be aware of and report any and all safety hazards
or violations you may see or witness in the course of performing
your required duties. Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Platinum Companies, San Marcos , General Maintenance (Residence Inn San Marcos), Professions , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!