Construction Project Coordinator
Company: Texas State University
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Posting InformationPosting Number2023127Posting/Functional
TitleConstruction Project CoordinatorUniversity Pay Plan
TitleConstruction Contract AdministratorLocationSan
MarcosDepartmentFacilities Planning DesignRecruitment TypeOpen to
AllJob TypeFull-TimeMonthly Salary$4,833.33 + Commensurate with
ExperienceJob CategoryNon-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants
must specifically address how they meet these required
qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.Experience
- Construction trade standards, codes, regulations, and
- Type and quantity of various construction materials and at what
point in the project sequence they are needed.
- Assessing renovation and major maintenance project scope so
that the customer has a clear understanding of what to expect.
- Engineering practices and principles and mechanical
- Personally hands-on, field project management throughout all
phases of a project (not overseeing a team from an office).
- Mediating challenges between the project customer and the
- Coordinating, prioritizing and managing multiple projects in
various phases at any given time (at least 5 projects).
- Reading/interpreting contract documents, technical manuals,
complex schematics, blue prints and other construction documents
(digital and hard copy).
- Preparing clear, concise, grammatically-accurate
- Planning, drafting, project inspections, and estimating
- Designing and design software.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience using RS Means/CostWorks.
- Experience with: building trades software, such as Timberline,
Primavera, e-Builder, etc).
- Experience using AutoCAD.
- Experience with field management of construction/renovation
projects in a University or Government setting.Job
DescriptionResponsible for planning, directing, scheduling,
coordinating, and inspecting construction activities of multiple
campus projects to ensure objectives are met within prescribed time
frame and funding parameters.Job Duties
- This position is at least 70% in the field and only 30% in the
office. Field experience is required.
- Manage, monitor and direct contractors, architects, engineers,
and consultants for assigned projects.
- Plan, design, schedule and estimate various requests for new
construction projects, facility modification/renovations or major
- Develop specifications by researching data and referencing
applicable codes, regulations and standards.
- Prepare project contract documents, including contract change
orders and addendums.
- Meet with project requestors, interpret requests for
feasibility, and prioritize projects.
- Assist in developing various reports, plans, budgets, and
- Keep projects current in FPDC reports.
- Prepare plan review documents.
- Coordinate activities of Physical Plant labor and resources to
- Perform other duties as assigned.Additional Information to
ApplicantsJob Open Date11/03/2022Job Close Date (posting closes at
midnight)Open Until FilledYesNormal Work DaysMonday, Tuesday,
Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start8:00AMNormal Work
Hours End5:00PMPosting NoticesApplicant must have a valid Texas
Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than
ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by
the employer driving standards system., You will be required to
electronically attach a resume and cover letter to your
application.Legal and Required NoticesTexas State University is an
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed
to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse
community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups
and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion
for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to
apply.Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the
outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal
history, driving records, education records, employment
verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility
verifications.Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus.
Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed
anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased
vehicles.Texas State University is a member of the Texas State
University System. Texas State University is an EOE .Texas State is
committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in
administrative and professional positions.Why work @ Texas State?
Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your
first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State
paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many
more! Excellent work life balance resources: mother and
family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE
wellness program Great training and development opportunities:
choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings,
learning resources, certifications, and employee educational
support programs. An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many
social networks offered on and off-campus Retirement peace of mind:
TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with
generous employer contributionsBy joining the Texas State Bobcat
team, youll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and
growing universities in the nation.Quick
Keywords: Texas State University, San Marcos , Construction Project Coordinator, Professions , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!